With this respect, Koç University Institute of Social Sciences targets to contribute to the molding of this new lawyer profile, with an understanding based on reliable academic research, as well as practicing experience. We also offer non-thesis programs as well as thesis programs. The program with thesis is composed of 3 core courses followed by 4 elective courses and is concluded with a thesis. The non-thesis program is composed of 10 courses and a final paper.
Fundamental characteristics of the Koç University LL.M. Programs of Public Law and Private Law, which have been established in conformity with the legislation of higher education, are as follows:
- World-wide reputed professors (and lecturers), who are distinguished as to their publications, research and practice of legal profession.
- Up-to-date courses structured on well-established and absorbed legal knowledge.
- Research and learning of different legal disciplines based on multi-dimensional perspectives.
- An atmosphere stimulating academic and vocational progress, whereby legal issues comprising comparative and international aspects are thoroughly examined.
- An integrated program with workshops, seminars and other activities parallel to the curriculum.
- Various options devoted to candidates with high competence of scientific research and to those who would like to differentiate from others in the legal profession.
- Regular and effective academic consultancy.
- Advanced research opportunities with regard to academic publications and instructions in particular, provided by Suna Kiraç Library.
- Privilege of being the part of a qualified group of graduate students, elected through adopting effective scaling and evaluation criteria.
- Academic collaboration with the leading law schools abroad.
Koç University Law School is a member of the European Law Faculties Association (ELFA) and the Law Schools Global League.
LL.M. Program in Private Law
International and European Contract Law
Dispute Resolution Mechanisms in International Private Law
Intellectual Property in a Global Perspective
LL.M. Program in Public Law
Comparative Constitutional Law: Rights, Institutions and Judicial Review
European Human Rights Law
Transnational and European Criminal Law and Procedure
Common Elective Courses*
Global Competition Law
International Transport Law
Capital Market Law
International Tax Law
World Trade Organization (WTO) Law and Trade
Public Procurement Law
United Nations (UN) Human Rights Protection System
International Financial Institutions and Development Law
Public-Private Partnership: Legal Infrastructure
*The elective courses will be accommodated according to the needs of the LL.M. programs.
Financial AidKoc University graduate programs with thesis (MA with Thesis and Ph.D.) admit students with full tuition waiver; admitted students do not pay tuition.
Information on the tuition fee and Financial support to MA programs without Thesis can be found in each program's web page.
All admitted MA and Ph.D. students also receive the following benefits:
* Office space and laptop.
* Free housing nearby campus.
* Private health insurance.
* Coverage of expenses to participate in scientific conferences.
* Extra trainings (e.g., international summer schools) to contribute to students career success.
* Contribution towards thesis-related expenses.
* Summer internship programs overseas.
* Student Exchange possibilities with foreign universities
In addition to tuition waiver and above benefits, we also offer monthly stipend to the majority of our students in the "MA with Thesis" and PhD Programs.