Are you interested in small and medium-sized enterprises? Do you want to know what drives entrepreneurs? Are you thinking about becoming an entrepreneur yourself? Then this specialization is for you.
The compulsory course units in this programme will provide you with a broad overview of managerial issues faced by small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). Most management courses and textbooks focus on large businesses. This Master's degree programme highlights the specifics of SMEs, which constitute more than 95% of the business community.
The MSc Business Administration - specialization Small Business Management focuses on the internal organization of a business. Small Business Economics addresses the external positioning, while New Ventures and Entrepreneurship deals with starting businesses.
As a graduate of the programme Small Business and Entrepreneurship, you may find employment in positions like all-round SME manager or SME consultant. You could also work for a large organization, selling services to SMEs (for example banks and accountancy offices). Becoming an independent entrepreneur is of course also one of the possibilities.
* 1 year The specific organizational characteristics of smaller firms are addressed, basically all subdisciplines of management and organization. Also questions such as 'what is entrepreneurship?', 'am I suitable to be an entrepreneur?' and issues of consultancy are addressed. These are topics in compulsory courses. With electives you specialize in fields like strategy, marketing and management of technology. Furthermore, a part of the programme is devoted to writing a thesis including doing research.
* Business Diagnosis and Design (5 EC)
* Small Business Management (5 EC)
* Strategic Analysis for Small Business (5 EC)
* Research & Skills for MSc BA (5 EC)
* Master's Thesis BA SB&E (20 EC)
* New Ventures & Entrepreneurship (5 EC)
* Small Business Economics & Policy (5 EC)
* Elective(s) MSc BA SB&E (10 EC)
* Study abroad is optional
Several scholarships are available for international students who are motivated to study Bachelors, Masters and PhD programmes, as well as for exchanges, short courses and research stays at our university.
NVAO (nl) until December 31, 2018