This MA in COM offers a range of specialisations in the professional fields of public and corporate communication, marketing, advertising and political communication. The educational and cultural project of the course aims to provide an interdisciplinary training with a strong link to the industry and advanced tertiary sectors in the Italian and international contexts, and to public and political organisations.
There are two Specializations:
* Corporate Communication and Marketing
* Public and Social Communication
The Specializations are geared towards improving the basic competences and specific skills in several fields of applied communication. The acquired competences enable graduates to perform management and organisational roles in sectors like corporate and business communication, advertising and marketing, public relations, public administration, international humanitarian NGOs, journalism, political and electoral campaigns. Classes are taught in Italian or in English. International students should follow the special Concentration taught completely in English.
Professional opportunities for graduates include high-profile positions in the organisation and management of a companys public relations; jobs as planners and developers of institutional, corporate and marketing communication, including advertising and fashion; positions as communication strategists in public administrations and researchers and analysts in public opinion survey and market research industry; advocacy experts with companies, organisations and public and private bodies, also at an international level; and as political marketing consultants for parties and candidates.
* Political Communication 9 credits
* Public Opinion Analysis 9 credits
* Human Resources Management 9 credits
* Sociology of Globalization 9 credits
* Sociology of Consumption 9 credits
* Market Regulation and Business Practices 9 credits
* Communication Methods and Techniques 9 credits
* Public Relations 9 credits
* Corporate Communication (advanced) 9 credits
* Marketing (advanced) 9 credits
* Languages of Advertising 9 credits
* Consumer and shopping behaviour 9 credits
* Elective 9 credits
In order to receive the MA Degree students must gain 120 credits: 90 credits from attending taught courses, 9 credits from internships, laboratories and the like, and 21 credits from the dissertation.