Abdullah Gül University (AGU) aims to be a research-oriented university with state-of –the-art facilities designed for multi-disciplinary research and graduate studies. AGU faculty with full experience in national and international research projects will produce benefits for all stakeholders. AGU pays special attention to building relationships with industry in order to establish efficient collaboration for qualified R&D projects.
The Electrical and Computer Engineering Department’s MSc and PhD Programs at AGU emphasizes advanced graduate education for cutting-edge research. Our research focuses on current high-growth fields like optics, photonics, nanotechnology, biomedical and bioinformatics, information and communications technology, power systems engineering, energy, control and automation.
All graduate students are encouraged to participate in funded research projects where they are supported as full-time research assistants. Research projects are funded by TUBITAK, BAP, EU Framework Programs and industry. Applicants are strongly encouraged to apply for TUBITAK 2211 and TUBITAK 2215 scholarships. Internal funded scholarships will also be available for highly qualified candidates.
We believe that Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) MSc and PhD program at AGU will build its reputation based on the quality of its faculty members and graduate students. Bright, motivated and ambitious graduate students with renowned professors in their field will help to develop one of the best ECE programs.
Come and join us to build up a successful career at AGU!
GRADUATE PROGRAM Education (Learning and Teaching) Goals
By pursuing a graduate study in ECE program to attain an expertise in the offered fields and with their strong mathematics and physics background related to the advanced research topics; our students can
1. Conduct independent research and education activities at National an/or International industrial companies, R&D institutions and/or universities,
2. Follow latest developments in their filed of expertise and contribute to the literature
GRADUATE PROGRAM OUTCOMES
1. The skills of using mathematics, science and engineering information in advanced research,
2. The skills of analyzing, designing and/or implementing an original system that will be able to solve an engineering problem,
3. The skills of using the required software, hardware and modern measurement equipments in their field of research,
4. The skills of planning independent research and implementing in detail,
5. The skills of following literature, listening to and making technical presentation, writing a paper in academic level,
6. The skills of innovative and interrogative thinking and finding original solutions
Find detailed curriculum and course descriptions under: http://fbe.agu.edu.tr/electrical-computer-engineering
One of the following exam results is mandatory for International Graduate Applications:
- GRE Quantitative Reasoning score of minimum 153 (or 680 according to the old score system).
- GMAT score of minimum 500.
- Graduate Assessment Test GAT™-GENERAL score of minimum 70% for GAT-Accumulative and 28% for GAT-Quantitative Reasoning sections.
- Application for Ph.D. Program with a Bachelor degree requires minimum score of GRE Quantitative Reasoning 156 (or 720 according to the old score system) or Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) 590 and minimum Grand Point Average (GPA) of 3.0/4.0.
- GRE & GMAT scores are valid for three years.
One of the following minimum scores as proof of English Proficiency:
- TOEFL iBT: 87
- PTE: 74
- YDS/e-YDS/UDS/KPDS: 73
- AGU English Exemption Exam* (AGU-IMS Exam): 70 (minimum sub-score per each section)
*AGU-IMS exam is only valid for M.Sc. application. Ph.D. applicants must hold one of the other English proficiency tests scores.
The following documents should be uploaded to the system for online application (No need to mail any document at this stage). Original documents are needed during the interview and registration.
a. Undergraduate and Graduate (if available) Diploma
b. ALES or GRE Certificate (It's mandatory for Turkish applicants to have an ALES score and for international applicants to have a GRE Score)
c. Language Proficiency Exam Certificate
d. University Transcript
e. Minimum of 2 Recommendation letters
g. Official ID Photo
h. Passport (ID and Validity Date pages) (Mandatory Only For International Students)
j. Statement of Purpose*
* Requested in interviews from the candidates who apply for graduate programs of Architecture.
More information can be found on the official program page: http://fbe.agu.edu.tr/electrical-computer-engineering